A great May Bank Holiday quick and easy recipe to make for friends or with the kids. Keeping it raw and healthy yet extremely delicious and perfect to have with a morning coffee or afternoon tea.
- 12 Medjool Dates
- 1 cup nuts (we used almonds and cashews. If nut free you can use wowbutter spread or hemp/flaxseed)
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Chai Seeds
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
1. Soak the dates for 15 minutes in warm water until soft.
2. While the dates are soaking blend the nuts together to form a crumb texture and set aside in a bowl.
3. Blend together cocoa powder, coconut oil and 1/4 cup of shredded coconut and chai seeds until it reachers a smooth texture.
4. Add the ground nuts and mix together.
5. Once completely combined, remove the mixture from the processor and spoon and roll into balls.
6. Coat with the rest of the shredded coconut and put in the fridge for a few hours until they reach a firmer texture.