For the cake:
- 210g self raising glower
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 100g brown sugar
- 2 red apples, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120 ml coconut oil
- 120 ml Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line an 8 or 9 inch round cake tin with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Add chopped apple and stir briefly to combine.
- Then add in eggs, vanilla, oil and yoghurt. Whisk briefly just to break up the egg yolks. Mix well.
- To make cinnamon topping, combine cinnamon, sugar and butter. Mix together until lumpy and wet. Sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake cake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Transfer cake to a wire rack to cool completely.