What better way to start a Friday than a deliciously healthy brownie recipe!
- 1 and 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut oil LouAna brand recommended
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar brown sugar can be substituted
- 3/4 cup oat flour (blended oats)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk or any other
- 2 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3/4- 1 & 1/4 cups powdered sugar
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees FC Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper and grease.
In a bowl place 1 cup of chocolate chips or chopped and measured dark chocolate.
Microwave the coconut oil and measure the coconut oil in its melted, hot state.
Pour the hot melted coconut oil over the dark chocolate and stir the chocolate until it is completely melted.
Add in the Greek yogurt. Make sure the Greek yogurt is quite thick and not watery. If needed drab it with a paper towel after stirring and measuring it.
Stir in the vanilla, salt, baking soda, and coconut sugar.
If you are making you root flour, blend the oats together until oats resemble flour.
Stir into the mixture. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
Spread the mixture (it is very thick) into the prepared 8 x 8 pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 28-32 minutes or until a fork comes out clean when inserted.
Do not over-bake. Slightly under-baking is better and will yield a better taste and texture. (More fudge-like)
Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.