- 3 medium mashed very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled (can also use melted butter or avocado oil)
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup Added extras - dried fruit/chocolate chips/walnuts/coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a 8x4 inch pan with parchment paper and grease the inside of the pan to prevent sticking.
- Add mashed banana, eggs, coconut oil, honey, greek yogurt and vanilla extract to a blender and blend until smooth and well combined. Pour into a large bowl.
- Next add in the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well until just combined. Do not overmix. At this point you can fold in any of the following: ½ cup chopped walnuts, ½ cup chocolate chips, ½ cup coconut flakes or 3/4 cup dried fruit.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Split a banana down the middle then add on top of the batter or just add banana slices on top, side by side. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Allow bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once bread is cool, cut into 12 slices. Enjoy!