- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar or honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBS ground cinnamon
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats (gluten free if desired)
- 1 cup dried cherries (or mix-in of choice)
- 1 Getbuzzing Cherry Protein Bar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180oC and place paper liners into the cups of a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, coconut sugar, applesauce, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Then add to the same bowl salt, cinnamon, rolled oats, getbuzzing cherry protein bar (sprinkled) and 1/2 of the dried cherries. Mix well. Allow to sit for 5 minutes (so the oats can soak up some of the liquid). Mix one more time.
- Fill each muffin cup generously. The batter will not rise very much, so you can fill them close to the top. Push the left over dried cherries into the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and begin to pull away from the liners.