We are super excited about our brand new mint chocolate bar that we have decided to give you a recipe for a mint chocolate brownie! The flavour is perfect for the summer and a great dessert for all those summer BBQs.
For Brownie mixture
- 110g Dark chocolate
- 225g margarine, softened
- 400g caster sugar or stevia (natural Sweetener)
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 125g plain flour
- 225g dark chocolate chips
- 500g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk, or as needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 6 drops green food colouring
- 110g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease a 20x30cm baking tin.
- Melt the plain chocolate in the microwave. Stir at 15 second intervals until chocolate is smooth. Allow to cool slightly. Transfer to a large bowl, and stir in the margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and dark chocolate chips. Stir in the flour just until blended. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or when the edges start to come away from the tin. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin.
- To make the topping, beat 110g butter with icing sugar in a large bowl. Add milk as needed to get a spreadable consistency. Stir in the peppermint extract and green food colouring. Spread this over the cooled tin of brownies; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
If your one for a mint chocolate flavour make sure to grab our Brand New Mint Chocolate High protein bar today to get you buzzing!