- 1 banana
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 50g buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 5g chia seeds + water to cover
- 1 GetBuzzing Banana Bar
- 40ml milk
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil + extra for greasing the waffle iron/mould
- Pre-heat the waffle iron, or oven (190C) if using silicon moulds.
- Add the chia seeds to a small dish, then cover in water (around 25ml will do). Leave for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add half of the banana to a mixing bowl, then mash it to a smooth puree.
- Add the oil, milk, chia seeds and honey to the banana, then stir well to combine.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder, then mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Crumble in half of the GetBuzzing bar, then stir again to distribute the pieces.
- Grease the waffle iron/mould with a bit of extra oil, then pour the batter into the mould. There should be enough mixture to make 2 small waffles.
- Cook the waffles on the waffle iron for 7-8 minutes, or bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes, until firm and golden.
- Serve the waffles with the remaining banana, crumbled banana bar and extra honey to drizzle over.